On November 14th from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Michael Boyd (Michael B. Photography) will be hosting a table at FIA. On this night, parents will have an opportunity to prepay your child's photo package with cash/check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card, and tap pay like Apple Pay or GPay.
*** Payment by credit card is only offered on this night. ***
Wreath pick up will be at the DNR Bldg. located at Rice County Fairgrounds on the following days :
Monday, November 11th - 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Thursday, November 14th - 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday, November 16th - 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Attention: Parents, Coaches and Players
Please be mindful to lock your vehicle when at FIA. There have been numerous break-in's reported! If you notice any suspicious activity, please call the police.
Mark your calendars!!!
Sunday, November 24th is set for the Faribault Hockey Association team and individual pictures. Photography will be supplied by Michael B. Photography. Please have your player dressed and ready for their photo session 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time! It is VERY IMPORTANT we stay on time!!!!
Mite team photographs will be scheduled for a later date. More info will follow in the future.
Order forms will be available at the rink and are also attached below for your convenience. Please have your order ready to go on picture day!
The schedule will be as follows:
6:55 - 7:15 a.m. PeeWee A
7:15 - 7:35 a.m. PeeWee B
7:35 - 7:55 a.m. Bantam A
7:55 - 8:15 a.m. Bantam B
8:15 - 8:35 a.m. Girls U12
8:35 - 8:55 a.m. Squirt A
8:55 - 9:15 a.m. Girls U8
9:15 - 9:35 a.m. Squirt C
9:35 - 9:55 a.m. Girls U10
Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
Attention: Coaches and Parents
1. Please use the main parking lot and enter through the main entrance. Once you come down the main entry, you will see two new screens – one has ads and SSM info, the other one has all the locker room info.
2. If you are coming to use the 3v3 rink, again, we prefer that you use the main parking lot and use the 3v3 rink entry that faces out to Shumway.
3. With all of the teams that are coming to use SSM, and for the courtesy of parents/spectators, we ask that you keep your team warm-up to a minimum. We have had teams arriving over an hour to an hour and a half early for practices and going throughout the SSM buildings for spaces to train. Our bleacher areas are not training grounds. If coaches have any questions in regards to this, please have them contact me directly at email@example.com.
4. Please continue to keep our locker rooms clean after use. It is greatly appreciated.
5. If you are going to need the use of multiple nets, please let the SSM staff know ahead of your skate so they can get extra nets out prior to the pucks being put on the ice. A few pucks have come close to my staff when pucks have been put on the ice and then more nets are called for. We want a safe transition of things for the SSM staff and the coaches involved.
6. Please watch the clock to help keep everyone on time.
7. Our new gymnasium and weight room are not open to the public or the associations. They are both for SSM faculty/staff/students only. We understand that kids may be drawn to the gym, but we ask that refrain from going in as our SSM basketball teams will be starting their seasons in the next couple of weeks.
8. If you have a young lady on a boys team. We do have Parise Arena locker room #3 available for those ladies to use. I am glad to be able to say we finally have this room.
9. Lastly, thank you for choosing to rent ice at SSM. If you need anything, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 507-333-1575.
A few of our parents have contacted board members and/or coaches stating they are not receiving emails from FHA. If you are experiencing this issue, the recommendation is for you to please email Sports Engine directly at: email@example.com
Let them know your name, email address (you use to access Sports Engine) and that you are a member of the Faribault Hockey Association. Also, describe the issue you are experiencing. Sports Engine will communicate with you directly to resolve the issue.
Please reference the instructions below on how to create a calendar tag to view only your player(s) team calendar.
Welcome to the 2019-2020 Faribault Hockey Season!!!
Registration is NOW OPEN! Please click link below.
NEW THIS YEAR:
Two Registration Nights
For each wreath/item sold you profit $10. Wreath orders are due at the end of October with checks made payable to FHA. Once the forms are returned in good order with $, FHA will cut YOU a check for $10 per each item sold (up to your registration cost). An example of this is if you sell 10 wreaths... FHA will reimburse you $100. If you want to play for free, sell more wreaths.
FHA is a volunteer organization, many volunteer opportunities exist. FHA has a commitment to cover the concession stand for Community Open Skate and High School Hockey games. Concession stand profits (approx. $6,000 – $10,000) help offset ice cost for all FHA families. FHA needs volunteers to assist with the concession stand, home tournaments, and various other tasks. Please contact a Board Member if you are interested in volunteering.
All families are required to do Concession/Volunteer Hours. If you have a first-year skater(s) then your family is required to volunteer a minimum of 15 hours in the concession stand, or perform various volunteer projects approved by the BOD’s (Board of Directors), or buy out volunteer time by paying $225. All other families with skaters are required to volunteer a minimum of 20 hours in the concession stand, or perform various volunteer projects approved by the BOD’s, or buy out of volunteer time by paying $300.
On registration/packet pickup night or when picking up fundraisers, all families are required to submit a DIB’s check. For families with only a 1st year skater please fill-out the check for $225. All other families please submit one for $300.
If you do not fulfill your volunteerism hours, the entire check will be cashed on March 31st. You have until April 15th to submit a written request to FHA’s Treasurer and/or President for the unfulfilled hours at $15 per hour.
Any uncleared checks will receive an invoice for unfulfilled hours at $15 per hour. Player(s) of this family will not be allowed to participate in future years until the invoice is paid in full.
If we don’t have enough people volunteering for all the concession hours we will be forced to hire. We have an agreement with the High School and the Community Center of Faribault to have the concession stand open during their activities otherwise they will take this fund raising opportunity away from FHA.
Thank you in advance for participating and being a team member!
Coaches, Parents, and Friends of Hockey,
We are looking for good coaches. Please encourage people to sign-up. We especially need coaches at the Mites and Girls U8 level. If you can skate we can use you on the ice.
USA Hockey posted the below "10 Reasons To Try Hockey" on their Website.
If you know of a child interested in trying hockey, please contact a member of the Faribault Hockey Association. We are always looking for more players!
1. Hockey Builds Confidence
2. Hockey Teaches Kids To Fly
3. Hockey Builds Mental Agility
4. Rinks Are Warmer Than You Think
5. Hockey Teaches Persistence
6. Hockey Is For Everyone
7. Hockey Develops Social Skills
8. Screening The Goalie Is Better Than Screen Time
9. Increased Physical Literacy
10. You Can Play For A Lifetime